AN ATTITUDE LEGACY
There is nothing more important to me than to let my children and grandchildren know that in this life “attitude is everything”. This has become such a passion of mine, it is the very basis for literally everything I do, and I hope it will be the same for my loved ones. With that thought in mind, here are some of the things I’ve learned that I want my children and grandchildren to know:
• Having the right kind of attitude through life’s ups and downs is a vital key to having joy, peace and success.
• Every “negative” they encounter in life can be transformed into a “positive” with a little creativity and innovative thinking.
• Having a proper attitude when things aren’t so positive will help them to recognize their wrong paradigms and mindsets and set about breaking those old destructive habits that hold them back and help them to begin healthy new habits.
• Character is primarily built through difficult circumstances.
• It requires a great deal of diligence to make it in this life.
• All things are possible through accountability and the attitudes of commitment and excellence.
• Failure is okay, because success comes from failure.
• No one is perfect and all that is required of them is that they always strive to do their best.
• All of us are going through a perfecting process–like gold being refined in the fire–and that the growth process hurts, but it’s the only way to get to the good stuff.
There are lots more things I want my children and grandchildren to know–much more than I can share in just a few minutes. But I can tell you this: Being persistent in my quest to leave a powerful and a positive legacy gives me a reason to get up each day and is what helps me to live my life with purpose.
So, what is the legacy you hope to pass on? Are you living that legacy today? Are you allowing it to shape you into a better person today? Imagine the possibilities!