"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheaply, we esteem too lightly; ‘tis dearness only that gives everything its value.” –Thomas Paine
I know I am not alone. I hear it everywhere I go these days. It seems like everybody is telling me, ”I am so stressed out. I just can’t take it anymore!” We live in such a hurried age. All our time-saving gadgets have simply allowed us to cram more into our days and this is creating an intense pressure in our lives. We must take control of the negative stresses in our daily living.
When the pressure is on, we can win the battle. The principles that I have lived by for many years have saved my life many times. Here are some of those principles:
• Live in the moment.
• Remind yourself that this too shall pass.
• You do not have to buy the cow to get a glass of milk.
• Encourage others.
• Get out of yourself and do something to help others.
• Take some time to pray about the situation.
• Ask yourself, What is the worst that can possibly happen? Then prepare to accept it.
• Take action on what you are putting off.
• Plan, think, and plan some more.
• Take a walk.
• Read a good book.
• Eat a chocolate chip cookie (an awesome stress reliever!)
These principles are pretty simple to implement. Sometimes we just need to be reminded of them. Go ahead and try them on for awhile, and you’ll be amazed at the results that will come your way when you practice them.